Recent Listening: Songs With Names That Form A Sentence

  • One Day Like This – Elbow
  • While You Wait For The Others - Grizzly Bear
  • Blowing Lungs Like Bubbles - Efterklang
  • Please, Baby, Please - David Bazan
  • Stand By Me - John Lennon
  • In The Flowers - Animal Collective
  • I Want To Tell You - The Beatles
  • How To Disappear Completely - Radiohead
  • The Way Young Lovers Do - Van Morrison
  • All Neon Like - Björk

Tuesday 13 April 2010

A Hard Day's Fight




Those of you who know me will no doubt be aware that I am a fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Those of you who don't know me are now furnished with this piece of information. To me they are a time machine, taking me back to my joyous childhood days in the early nineties before I realized the world was a big scary place. For my recent birthday I received a Digital Versatile Disc of the television series from the late eighties that I grew up watching. Inspiration hit and I decided to embark upon a quick project.

I created this piece as a homage to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and as I am also a regular listener of The Beatles I decided to parody the album cover for the American release of 'A Hard Day's Night'. I thought this was a good way of presenting the four portraits. I'm a little unsure about the typography on the bit that says 'Teenage Mutant Ninja'. Overall though I'm happy with it. Let me know what you think!

NOTE: Just in case there are any nerds reading this, I am aware that in the 1984 comic debut of TMNT all four of them had red bandannas. I opted for the different colored versions to add contrast and to distinguish between the four. I wonder if anyone will read this...

No comments:

Post a Comment